Tuesday, January 17, 2006

HOW LONG TO WORRY ABOUT THE LASIK FLAP?


This article in EyeWorld Magazine reports that:
"A new case report published in the August 2005 issue of the Journal of Cataract & Refractive Surgery indicates that as long as four years after surgery, patients need to remain vigilant."
The article suggests:
"to forewarn patients of long-term risk, particularly those that may be prone to eye injuries, such as military personnel, boxers, or police officials, and possibly discuss refractive choices to consider other than LASIK."

2 comments:

  1. Seems a bit of an overkill to me, but better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:19 PM

    Well done on a nice blog Dr. Kevin. I was searching for information on lasik surgery astigmatism and came across your post HOW LONG TO WORRY ABOUT THE LASIK FLAP? - not quite what I was looking for related to lasik surgery astigmatism but very interesting all the same!

    Well it's a new year and this is the year when I hope to be completing my studies in opthalmology, which includes a thesis on upcoming laser eye surgery technology and improved eye health. I'm also planning to take a course on the excima laser, which should be fun.

    If you do have a moment, please take a look at my new site on: LASIK eye surgery . It explains how I got my own vision back after Lasik surgery.

    A very happy and prosperous new year to you and yours! Philip

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment or Question: