Thursday, December 22, 2005

DIMPLE VEILING ON NIGHT & DAY CL?


I've got a gentleman who's worn Acuvue's EW for years with not problems except the usual pannus and redness. So I switched him to Night and Day's. He's using "Blink" Lubricant Eye Drops.

He comes into today with no visual complaints, but when I look in his eye, he has a ton of dimple veiling. What's up with that?

I'm going to try switching the drops to something else...but that's not something I've seen before in soft lenses. Maybe it's a fitting problem. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Kevin,
    It's possible that what you saw were mucin balls rather than true dimple veiling. Read this article:

    http://www.siliconehydrogels.org/editorials/previous_editorial_eric_papas.asp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin,
    See my post on 12/29/05 that talks in detail about this.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment or Question: